Bank with Confidence
Windsor By Night - Windsor - Ed Goodfellow
The Deposit Insurance Corporation of Ontario (DICO) is an Ontario Provincial Agency established under the Credit Unions and Caisses Populaires Act, 1994. DICO's role is to protect depositors of Ontario credit unions and caisses populaires from loss of their deposits. Deposit insurance is part of a comprehensive depositor protection program for all Ontario credit unions which is backed by provincial legislation.
DICO helps keep Ontario's credit unions safe and sound by providing deposit insurance and regulating their activities.
- Each depositor in Your Neighbourhood Credit Union is insured to a maximum of $100,000 for the combined principal, interest, and dividends relating to that Member's total deposits* (insurance is unlimited on registered plans) ;
- Your deposits are automatically insured;
- You don't have to pay for deposit insurance; premiums are paid to DICO by credit unions and caisses populaires;
- Most - but not all - types of deposits are insured.*
* See What's Covered, What's Not Covered at www.dico.com
For detailed information about your deposit protection coverage visit www.dico.com or ask for a copy of "How Your Deposits Are Insured" at any of our branches.