Protection from the unexpected
Victoria Park - Kitchener - Joyce Brant
Protect yourself and your family against the unexpected. We offer a full line of insurance products through CUMIS® General Insurance Company.
CUMIS Home and Auto Insurance
Are you a good driver and responsible homeowner? The CUMIS Home and Auto Insurance Program offers exceptional coverage designed to meet the unique needs of credit union members.
The CUMIS auto insurance program protects you if your car is stolen or damaged as the result of an accident. In addition, the CUMIS auto insurance program takes care of expenses if you're involved in an accident including: medical treatment and care, possible legal costs, property damage and lost wages.
The CUMIS home insurance shelters you from financial loss due to theft, unforeseen events and personal liability that may occur if someone is injured while visiting your home; it can also protect against liability for accidental damage to someone else's property.
By grouping your home and auto insurance together, CUMIS can offer you exceptional discounts.*
CUMIS is committed to delivering excellent client service personalized for credit union members. They are always ready to answer your insurance questions and should a problem arise, you will receive expert claims advice without fear of consequences if you decide not to proceed.
Features of our program:
- 24/7 claims service across North America
- No premium increases for client-paid claims
- Preferred repair and replacement contractors with guaranteed service
- Discounts from companies and local businesses via CustomerPerks®
- Convenient Online Services to manage your policies
* Some conditions apply. For details, please visit www.cumis.com
For more information, call CUMIS at 1.800.810.2847 and speak to a Licensed Insurance Representative.
CUMIS is a trademark of CUMIS Insurance Society, Inc. and is used under licence. 2012 Insurance is underwritten by CUMIS General Insurance Company. CustomerPerks® is a registered trade-mark of Venngo Inc.
Your home is a place where memories are created; it is a place to watch children grow, to celebrate life and a place to support each other during times of sorrow.
What would you do if you had to sell your home due to a family tragedy such as a job loss, critical illness, sickness, accident or death?
The good news is that even though unexpected tragedies do happen, you can protect yourself and your loved ones from financial heartaches.
CUMIS Insurance provides mortgage protection in case of the diagnosis of a critical illness, sickness or accident, involuntary loss of employment and death. Life is too short to worry, learn about how this comprehensive coverage can provide peace of mind today.
- Life: CUMIS Insurance pays the insured mortgage balance plus accrued interest plus settlement interest up to age 80 to a maximum of $500,000
- Disability: CUMIS Insurance pays the insured monthly mortgage payments to a maximum of $2,500 per month for 24 months (per claim) up to and including age 65
- Involuntary Loss of Employment: CUMIS Insurance pays the insured monthly mortgage payments to a maximum
of $2,500 per month for nine months (per claim) up to and including age
- Critical Illness: CUMIS Insurance pays the insurable balance at date of diagnosis of a
critical illness plus accrued interest plus settlement interest for
cancer, stroke or heart attack*. Maximum coverage is $500,000 and
coverage ceases at age 70.
* See policy for full coverage details, including restrictions
This coverage is similar to the disability coverage, but covers you in the case of your death, ensuring your loved ones are not left with your debt.
If you find yourself injured or seriously ill and unable to work, it can be very difficult to make your loan payments. Disability insurance coverage activates if you’re off work for an extended period of time due to sickness or injury, and will cover your loan payments until you’re better, or until your loan is paid off (certain conditions apply).
Travel Insurance Program
When travelling outside of your home province, territory or country, your government health care plans don’t travel with you.
Travel insurance bridges that gap in coverage to help you stay protected during a medical emergency. Be sure to carry travel insurance to safeguard your finances and enjoy a worry-free trip.
Features and Benefits include:
- Unique 8-day plan offers more affordable rates for members aged 0 – 60
- Take Flight™ plans, a product designed for Snowbirds
- Five million dollars coverage on excess hospital, medical and dental expenses
- 24/7 access to multi-lingual emergency travel assistance
- Exceptional claims service when you need it most
- Convenient multi-trip plans ideal for frequent travellers
- Assistance with lost or stolen travel documents
- Transportation home when medically required and access to a medical professional who can coordinate your medical care
- Necessary lab tests, x-rays and prescription drugs
- Optional plans include trip interruption, accidental death and dismemberment, and air flight accident insurance
- There are no pre-existing condition exclusions if you are under 71 years of age and traveling for 35 days or less, as long as no other exclusions apply
Note: Some products have more underwriting qualifications than others. For complete details call 1-877-885-2847.
For more information, please visit a customer service representative at your credit union or call TIC at 1.877.885.2847.
CUMIS Travel Insurance Program is underwritten by Co‐operators Life Insurance Company and administered by TIC Travel Insurance Coordinators Ltd. Take Flight™ is a trademark of TIC Travel Insurance Coordinators Ltd.