The Combination Savings Account
The earning power of a GIC with the flexibility of a savings account!
We’ve combined the earning power of a GIC with the flexibility of a savings account, and it’s called the Combination Savings Account! Your money’s there when you need it, growing when you don’t.
The Combination Savings Account pays higher interest but does have some restrictions.
A Combination Savings Account can only be opened during limited-time sales periods. If you already have a Combination Savings Account you can make additional deposits during any sales period.
Minimum Deposit on opening:
A minimum deposit of $5,000 is required to open a Combination Savings Account.
A higher rate is guaranteed for a specific term following the sales period and is subject to change thereafter. A minimum balance of $5,000 must be maintained to earn the higher interest rate.
|Combination Savings Account||Rate|
|Minimum monthly balance over $5,000: January 1 to March 31, 2017||1.65%|
|Minimum monthly balance $0 to $4,999||0.05%|
Transactions, Withdrawals and Deposits
The Combination Savings Account is intended to be used as a flexible addition to your savings portfolio, and not as an operational account. Some transactions are NOT allowed from this account including, but not limited to loan payments, ATM access and debit card transactions, and transfers to accounts at other financial institutions.
DURING A SALES PERIOD:
- You can open a Combination Savings Account at any branch;
- You can make a deposit in any branch, online, by our mobile app, by wire transfer or by e-mail money transfer.
- You can make transfers from the Combination Savings Account to another YNCU account, but not to another Financial Institution;
- You can pay bills (service fee applies);
- Loan payments are not allowed from this account;
- Service fees apply to transactions and posted at the end of the month, but there is no monthly fee;
- A minimum balance of $5,000 must be maintained to earn the higher interest rate.
- No additional funds can be deposited until the next sales period.